- Add olive oil to a large stock pot and bring to medium heat.
- Add in onion and cook for 3-5 mins or until translucent.
- Add in celery and garlic and cook for 2 more mins.
- Stir in sweet potato and lentils.
- Top with vegetable broth and diced tomatoes.
- Stir in spices and salt and pepper and bring to a boil.
- Lower heat to a simmer and cook for 40 mins.
- Stir in kale and red wine vinegar and cook for 5 more mins or until kale has wilted.
- Serve warm.
- Keep for up to 1 week in an airtight container or freeze for up to 6 months.
(Courtesy of The Healthy Maven)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large sweet potato (about 4 cups), chopped
- 1 1/2 cups dried red split lentils
- 8 cups vegetable broth
- 1 28 oz can diced tomatoes
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 head tuscan kale, destemmed and chopped (regular kale is fine too)
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar