- In a medium bowl, mix the oil, soy sauce, vinegar, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, garlic, and ground black pepper. Place meat in a shallow glass dish. Pour marinade over the steak, turning meat to coat thoroughly. Cover, and refrigerate for 6 hours.
- Position an oven rack 5 to 6 inches from the broiler unit, and preheat the broiler. Line a broiler pan or baking sheet with foil, and set the broiler insert on top of the broiler pan if using. Place the pan on the oven rack, and preheat until hot, about 5 minutes.
- Carefully remove the broiler pan from the oven, put the steak in the center and broil (without turning) until nicely browned and firm, with some give when pressed in the thickest part, 6 to 8 minutes for medium-rare. Let the steak rest for 10 minutes. Slice thinly against the grain.
- For Grilling: Preheat grill for medium-high heat. Place steak on the grill. Grill meat for 5 minutes per side, or to desired doneness.
- Serve with your favorite veggies and a salad.
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/3 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 1/2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 1/2 pounds flank steak