This year, most people will probably be staying home to ring in the new year. But if you typically go out, this year doesn’t have to be a bummer. First, you’ll save on babysitting. And, you’ll get to celebrate with your kiddos! Here are some fun ways to celebrate at home.
- Make countdown bags. Create little fun bags that someone can open every hour. Fill them with treats, activities, gifts, etc.
- Make a pinata. This is a fun craft that turns into a fabulous party activity.
- Build a blanket fort and have a movie and popcorn in your pj’s.
- Make fondue. Add a bunch of different things you can dip!
- Have a family slumber party.
- Have a dance party. Make party snacks, crank up the tunes, and get a bunch of fun items like hats, feather boas, necklaces, sunglasses, etc.
- Watch family videos from the last year.
There are so many fun things you can do to make it a memorable night for the whole family. Get in your pj’s or dress up. It’s your style! Make it your new family tradition! Happy New Year!