Buttered Bourbon Batter
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon allspice
To Make 1 Drink
- 1 to 2 shots bourbon
- 4 to 5 ounces boiling water
- 1 to 2 tablespoons buttered bourbon mix
- whipped cream for serving
- In your electric mixer, place the butter, sugar, maple syrup, spices and salt. Beat on medium speed until combined and smooth. At this point, you can place the batter in a sealed container and store it in the fridge!
To make the drink, bring a pot of water to a boil. Fill your mug with 1 to 2 shots of bourbon. Add 1 to 2 tablespoons of the butter mixture into the bourbon. Fill the mug with boiling water and whisk constantly until the butter melts and dissolves. Top with whipped cream and serve.